Burnt Butter and Sage Gnocchi with Wine Infused Streaky Bacon.
There’s nothing better than the low sizzle of bacon. This recipe combines the nuttiness from the burnt butter with the intense saltiness of the wine infused belly bacon.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 800g store bought gnocchi
- 500g Sunshine Meats Wine Infused Streaky Bacon
- 20 small washed sage leaves
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g button mushrooms
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Dice Sunshine Meats Wine Infused Streaky Bacon
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Heat a large pot of water on high until it begins to boil. Generously salt the water. Cook according to package instructions. Drain gnocchi.
- Cook mushrooms in remaining bacon fat.
- Lightly pan fry gnocchi until caramelised.
- Cook butter until melted then add sage leaves to pan. Swirl the pan on low for 4-5 minutes or until sage leaves are crisp and butter has turned a deep nut-brown colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gnocchi, bacon & mushrooms in pan.