Chorizo Butter with Portuguese Chilli Chorizo.
Indulge yourself this winter with some decadent Chorizo butter. Using our Chilli Portuguese Chorizo and good quality salted butter. Spread on toast for a delicious hearty accompaniment to soup or bacon & eggs, melt over a steak or mix through a risotto.
Makes 2 cups, Active Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 twin pack Portuguese Chilli Chorizo remove casing and finely dice.
- 500g Salted Butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Put the softened butter in a bowl.
- In a pan, lightly grill chorizo over moderate heat until the fat starts to render, about 2 minutes. Scrape the chorizo and fat into the butter. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and parsley and use a fork to mix together well. Season with salt, if desired, and serve.
- The chorizo-lemon butter can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
You can purchase your Sunshine Meats products online here.