Portuguese Winter Stew
WARM UP WITH OUR LATEST HOT RECIPE!
The winter woollies are out, and it’s time to warm up in the kitchen with our latest Portuguese stew recipe.
This one combines succulent slow cooked lamb shanks with our flavoursome Portuguese chorizo for a heart- and tummy-warming dish.
Packed with loads of spices for a huge flavour hit, you can also add some fire by using our chilli Portuguese chorizo rather than mild!
Don’t forget to visit our online shop for all your winter favourites such as smoked speck, ribs and hocks, bacon, chorizos, our Portuguese-style meaty black pudding and our smoked salami. Our winter menu products give that extra warmth and flavour to your winter soups, casseroles and stews Shop online now and get free shipping in the Sydney metro area for orders over $100.
Prep 15 mins Cooking 2 hours 30 mins
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb Shanks
- 2 Sunshine Meats Portuguese Chorizo
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Tremoceira black olives
Best accompanied with steamed saffron rice.
- In a large casserole pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over high heat. Add lamb shanks and turn occasionally until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Add Sunshine Meats Portuguese chorizo to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan stirring for 5 minutes or until onions have browned. Add capsicum, turmeric and paprika and stir until combined. Return the lamb and chorizo to the pan. Add the diced tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Place lid on, reduce heat to low, turning occasionally for 2 hours or until lamb is falling off the bone. Add Tremoceira black olives and serve with rice.