Winter Style Sausages
Our Pork & Veal Sausages were used to make this heart warming winter dish. Our sausages are gluten and preservative free, using a natural casing. We steam cook our sausages to lock in freshness and flavour as well as cut cooking time by half. A recipe perfect for this time of year filling the home with the most amazing aromas with its mix of herbs. If that hasn’t sold you already, it takes less than half an hour to cook.
Ingredients (serves 4)
– 20 Sunshine Meats Pork & Veal Sausages
– 300mL Benfatti Sicilian Cherry Tomato Sauce
– 400mL Canned Mutti Baby Roma Tomatoes (1 can)
– 2 small brown onions
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2 sprigs oregano
– 2 sprigs rosemary
– 2 sprigs thyme
– 4 Bay leaves
– 1 cup boiling water
– Drizzle of olive oil
– Salt and pepper
1. Place tomatoes, tomato sauce, oil, hot water, crushed garlic, ripped herbs and spices into a large pot and bring to the boil.
2. Allow sauce to boil for about 5 minutes then bring down to a simmer.
3. Cut onion into thin slices and add to the pot.
4. Once the onion starts to become tender add the sausages. Cook for about 5-10 minutes with the lid on.
5. Serve with your choice of accompaniments. Goes great with rice, cous cous or mash potato.